Tuesday 19 April 2011

There is stuff to covet... everywhere.

For the longest time... my thoughts have often been about wanting... and the wanting comes in all forms.  As I've gotten older, the wanting hasn't decreased either... which still surprises me.  I don't consider myself a materialistic person, but I finding myself coveting a lot of stuff.  Some things I hope to actually acquire, but mostly it depends on if/when I'll win the lotto.

So this is what my blog is about... all the stuff that I covet.  One of my favourite theories in life, is that when you're angry about something, you write it down and send it away... Hopefully the same works for all that I covet in life, otherwise, at least it's a nice organised way of documenting all of it.  It also occured to me that if anyone had one of the items I am coveting, they could comment and tell me if it's really worth having, or not.  I realise it could be detrimental to my coveting, but I hope not as well.  I also hope coveting is a word.

I've thought a bit too much about the item that starts the list of things I covet... much much too much, but I am quite decided on it.  Number one, is a front row seat at any Marc Jacobs fashion show.  Not because he's "the coolest man in fashion", or any such superlatives, just because I love his clothes.  He doesn't seem to design for the cool kids, just those who like or love the clothes they buy.  And now that I think about it... any seat will do... my coveting dreams are not so fussy.

No comments:

Post a Comment